Lab Analysis & About Us
In 1997, Susan set up the Home Allergen Assessment Program at Children’s Mercy Hospital in the Asthma, Allergy, Immunology section. At that time, she discovered mold was an enormous problem affecting the health and quality of life of thousands. She has since given numerous talks to environmental and public health professionals, allergists, and industrial hygienists regarding her experiences.
In June 1999, Susan was featured on Dateline NBC for expertise regarding Indoor Allergens and in March 2003 she was on the Discovery Health Channel in an episode of Diagnosis Unknown: Home Invasion.
Susan Flappan is also a CERTIFIED FUNGAL SPORE ANALYST by the Pan American Aerobiology Association (PAACB)
Mold Test kit: MOLDetect Company Profile:
MOLDetect’s mold test kit was created due to a recognized need for an easy-to use, all inclusive, standardized method to sample and identify mold contaminants in indoor environments. The kit has been used very successfully in performing thousands of on-site mold evaluations by both individual consumers and professional samplers.
Susan Flappan, the owner of the company, is a recognized mold expert and has evaluated many, many businesses, schools and residences. She has been featured on Dateline NBC (1999) and on the Discovery Health Channel for her expertise in this area. She has given many presentations on the subject of indoor mold contamination to various groups at the national, regional and local level, including:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI)
- Missouri Environmental Health Association (MEHA)
- Missouri Milk Food and Environment Health Association (MMFEHA)
- Pan American Aerobiology Association (PAAA)
- National Association of Remodeling Industry (NARI)
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Property Managers/ Real Estate Owners
MOLDetect Laboratory is located in Overland Park, Kansas. See address below. To Contact MOLDetect
by Phone : (866) 225-6653 (MOLD) or (913) 322-2237
By FAX : (913) 322-2237
By EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
By regular mail : 11020 W 122nd Street, Overland Park, KS 66213
For more information, see: Flappan CV